Why Study Intellectual Property Management and Markets?
"With the increasing importance of knowledge as a driving force of innovation and economic growth worldwide, IP rights are becoming central to the modern economy."
—World Intellectual Property Indicators, 2009 (World Intellectual Property Organization)
Intellectual assets are important. We've launched the first master's degree program focusing on IP and intangible assets that will develop highly qualified professionals for this important and fast-growing area.
Why should you enroll in our program?
Our students will:
- acquire the education, skills and experiences to become an IP professional in a wide range of roles and settings
- greatly enhance their ability to perform their current IP role, and gain the credentials that might be necessary to advance in that role
- gain a network of IP professionals that will be an invaluable resource for locating employers and clients
- engage in discourse of cutting-edge issues with IP thought leaders and contribute to a growing body of knowledge on a variety of emerging topics
Who should consider this program?
- Those currently involved in IP, such as:
- tech transfer managers
- Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) professionals
- marketing managers
- licensing professionals
- media and entertainment executives
- patent agents
- IP and general lawyers
- product developers
- legal analysts and assistants
- R&D managers
- IP contract managers
- financial and accounting managers
- investment bankers
- venture capital analysts
- New college graduates who want a career as an IP professional