Welcome Chicago-Kent Alums!
We are here to assist alumni reach their career goals and to help you find qualified candidates should you be seeking law clerks or attorneys for your office.
The Career Services Office (CSO) Staff is available to assist alums in their career pursuits. Individual career counseling provides alumni with career planning advice, revision of resume and cover letters, assistance with career changes, and interviewing strategy.
The CSO is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with evening appointments on Tuesdays from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., if scheduled in advance.
Graduate Employment Survey - Class of 2015 - Available Soon
If you graduated in December 2014 or May 2015, and have secured postgraduate employment, but have not yet reported that employment to the Career Services Office, we ask that you please fill out the 2015 Graduate Employment Survey when it becomes available at the end of June 2015.
Information regarding employment is used to compile statistics for the ABA. All information you provide remains confidential. We never release or publish any information that identifies any individual graduate by name or discloses a particular graduate's home or employer information. Please take a few moments to complete this brief survey when it becomes available.
Chicago-Kent College of Law graduates have free access to job postings on Symplicity. In addition, Symplicity has the following features:
Make an Appointment with a Career Services Counselor: To make an appointment, on the opening page of Symplicity click the hyperlink "Request an Appointment." Once there check the box next to the name of your Career Adviser and then click on the day on the calendar that you would like to meet with your Adviser. You should see a list of available times. Simply click the one you want. The time and date should now show up on the far right of the page. Please select what type of appointment you are making (Resume Review, Interviewing Strategy, etc.), then click "Submit." You should then be taken to a page confirming your appointment. You can also use Symplicity to reschedule or cancel an appointment.
Enter the Document Library under the "Resouces" tab, where we store all password-protected resources including:
- The Chicago Area Law Firm List, a/k/a the "4 or More List" - updated annually by the Chicago-Area Law School Consortium, the list contains the names, contact information and practice areas of firms with 4 or more attorneys in the Chicago-area.
- The BYU Intercollegiate Job Bank - The BYU Intercollegiate Job Bank compiles entry level job postings from schools throughout the country. This resource will be especially useful for students and alumni conducting an out-of-town job search, but through this service you can also access the postings of other Illinois and Chicago area schools.
- Practice Area Handouts in many areas of legal practice from Bankruptcy to Labor and Employment to Tax Law; as well as Handbooks for Prosecutor, Public Defender and Public Interest Careers
- Many additional resources such as the Public Policy Handbook, Human Rights Jobs.net, International Career Employment Weekly and more
- The Vermont Guide to State Court Clerkships and
- Many, many other resources
In addition, we subscribe to PSJD, a national resources of public interest law jobs and resources (you can create an account on the website upon indicating you are a graduate of Chicago-Kent); and Career Shift, an aggregator of all jobs on publicly available websites in your designated target area (i.e. search "Attorney" in Chicago; or "Compliance" in Chicago.) Please contact the Career Services Office firstname.lastname@example.org for the Chicago-Kent login information.
If you do not currently have a user name and password for Symplicity or if you are having difficulty accessing Symplicity, contact the Career Services Office at email@example.com or (312) 906-5200 with your name, year of graduation, and e-mail address. After we receive your request, you will be sent an e-mail with your password and instructions for using the system.
The Alumni Career Advisor Network
The Alumni Advisor Network allows students and graduates to connect with Chicago-Kent alumni to learn about specific practice areas, gain information regarding the legal market and obtain helpful tips if relocating to another geographic area. Your willingness to utilize your experiences and expertise for the benefit of students and other alumni via this network is very much appreciated.
At this time, we are working with the Alumni Office to update the Alumni Advisor Network, and we are asking Alumni to serve as Career Advisors in a volunteer role. The Alumni Advisor Network is now a part of the newly renovated Alumni Online Community, a central location for alumni of Chicago-Kent.
To volunteer, you must be an active member of the Alumni Online Community:
- If you are already a member, just click on "My Account" and choose the Career Advising tab to indicate your interest.
- If you haven't logged into the Community yet, please click here to sign up. Upon logging in, you'll be prompted to update your profile as well as indicate your interest in serving as a Career Advisor.
Please update you information so profiles are accurate for those searching for an Alumni Advisor. Only individuals who are part of the Chicago-Kent Community (students, alumni, faculty and staff) are allowed into the Alumni Online Community to view this information.
Should you have any questions or comments about the Career Advising program, or other volunteer opportunities, please do not hesitate to contact Jeanne Kraft, Assistant Dean of Career Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.