Reciprocity is an agreement between law schools to provide reasonable access to resources, current job postings and handout materials for a limited number of students/graduates of another law school seeking employment in another geographic region. See the National Association for Law Placement's website for details regarding individual law school's reciprocity policies. Chicago-Kent students seeking reciprocity at another law school may complete a reciprocity request form. Students from other law schools may request reciprocity with Chicago-Kent according to the following policy:
Career Services Reciprocity Policy
The Career Services Office of Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, provides reasonable access to its resources for a limited number of students and graduates of law schools outside the Chicago area under the conditions set forth below:
- Services are available only to those ABA-accredited law schools that allow Chicago-Kent students and/or alumni use of their facilities.
- All requests for reciprocity must be made via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the student's/graduate's career services office and confirmed by the Chicago-Kent Career Services Office at least one week in advance of the intended visit. No walk-in requests will be honored.
- Requests for reciprocity can be made to only one Chicago-area school per student/graduate. Reciprocity is not available among Chicago area schools (DePaul, John Marshall, Loyola, Northwestern, and University of Chicago).
- Reciprocity is valid for three-months from the date of the letter granting reciprocal services. Between August 1 and October 15 of each year, no in-office services will be available. Online job postings will be available during that time period.
- Chicago-Kent will deny reciprocity to any school surpassing three requests within a given calendar year.
- Without exception, reciprocity recipients will not be permitted to schedule on-campus interviews.
- The following services are available:
- On-line job posting access for up to 90 days
- Current position vacancy announcements except "blind listings" requiring mailing
- Access to computers and laser printers (paper not provided)
- Resource library publications and directories
- Handout materials
- Copy services for a per copy fee
- Chicago-Kent reserves the right to terminate reciprocity for any individual who misuses the facilities or services.
- Requests for reciprocity should be directed to: Barbara J. Clemmer, Administrative Assistant/Reciprocity Coordinator, email@example.com or Chicago-Kent College of Law, 565 W Adams, Suite 360, Chicago, IL 60661.
Updated November 17, 2011