Contact Information

Academic Administration and Student Affairs

Stephen D. Sowle
565 W. Adams St., Room 320C
Chicago, IL 60661
P: (312) 906-5282

A A | Email | Print | Share

Withdrawal & Return to School

In some instances, it may be necessary for a student to take a leave of absence or withdraw from school. The Office of Student Services can assist students in coordinating their leave or withdrawal.

Students considering withdrawal from the law school should contact Stephen Sowle, Assistant Dean for Academic Administration & Student Affairs, to discuss the procedure and options for withdrawal.

The regulations regarding withdrawal and re-entry are outlined below.  Sections 4.1 to 4.4 of the Student Handbook govern the withdrawal and reentry process.

Official Student Withdrawal Process

Students wishing to request a leave of absence from their course of study or complete an official withdrawal from the university should now initiate the process online. To begin the process, log in to the MyIIT portal and under the ‘Academics’ tab, look for the ‘Academic Affairs’ channel. IIT Chicago-Kent students should follow the ‘I want to take a leave of absence or officially withdraw’ link under the ‘Chicago-Kent College of Law’ header.

Questions regarding the leave of absence or withdrawal process should be directed to