Mailing Lists Policy
The Information Technology Services department (ITS) is responsible for maintaining the mailing lists services of Chicago-Kent College of Law. To ensure the integrity and reliability of the list server, the ITS has adopted the following guidelines.
- All mailing lists maintain a hierarchy of site managers, list owners, and subscribers. The ITS will assume the role of site manager.
- Our lists are private. All subscription requests must be approved by the owner of the list.
- List owners must agree to abide by all rules, regulations, and guidelines as set forth by Chicago Kent College of Law/IIT and the ITS. Please see Chicago-Kent Computer Use Policy and IIT Acceptable Use Policy for more information.
- Failure to abide by all rules, regulations, and guidelines as set forth by Chicago Kent College of Law and the ITS will result in the removal of the list from the list server without notice.
- All CK faculty, staff and recognized student organizations may host a mailing list.
- Faculty from accredited law schools other than CK may also host mailing lists.
- Prospective list owners must register with the site manager prior to the creation of a mailing list. Registration forms are available online.
- The site manager is responsible for the server only. The site manager will be responsible for the maintenance, structure, and security of the list server and its associated directories. The site manager is not responsible for any list content.
- The site manager is responsible for the initial creation of a list. Creation of the list will begin upon receipt of a list registration form from the prospective list owner.
- After initial list creation, the listowner is responsible for all administration of any ListProc mailing list. Administration of the list is performed via email. Documentation for email list administration commands is available online from Sourceforge.
- The ITS will maintain a mailing list for list owners. This list will be for disseminating information to all list owners. The list may also be used by list owners as a discussion forum for issues regarding mailing lists. All list owners are automatically subscribed upon the creation of their list.
Chicago-Kent College of Law does not monitor, nor are we responsible for, the content of any communication served by a CK ListProc mailing list. Contents, management, and proper conduct of the list are the sole responsibility of the listowner.