Procedures for Students Visiting Another Law School & Requring Financial Aid
1. Complete Application to Visit Another Law School form. The Assistant Dean of Academic Administration and Student Affairs must approve the student to take courses at another law school. Bring the form to the Office of Financial Aid for signature or provide a copy of the form to the Office of Financial Aid.
2. Complete Financial Aid Request to Visit Another Law School form and submit it to the Office of Financial Aid. Please be sure to include all contact information for the school you plan to visit. Incomplete applications may result in processing delays. Please allow at least 5-6 weeks for processing of your financial aid.
3. Our office will request that your host school's Financial Aid Office complete a Consortium Agreement, with the cost of attendance amounts, and their Registrar's Office provide Enrollment Verification with dates of attendance, and credit hours.
4. A financial aid award will be formulated for you, once we receive all required documentation from the visiting school. You will be notified via email once you can view and accept your financial aid award on the myIIT portal.
5. Loan funds will be disbursed to your student account at Chicago-Kent according to your enrollment period at the visiting school. Typically funds are scheduled to disburse 10 days before the start of your enrollment period. You can find your scheduled disbursement date on your Direct Loans disclosure statement, or by contacting the Office of Financial Aid.
6. If you are expecting a refund from an excess in student loan funds, please contact the Student Accounting Office. It is recommended that you set up direct deposit of your refund before it is processed by the Student Accounting Office. Please keep in mind that the Office of Financial Aid does not process refunds.
Also, please be aware that:
- Visiting away students are not eligible for Chicago-Kent scholarships or for Perkins Loan funds during their time away from Chicago-Kent.
- It is the student's responsibility to pay charges accrued at the visiting school.
- We strongly recommend that you budget accordingly based on the procedures outlined above.