Register for Grace Period Loan Counseling Service Provided by Inceptia
The six-month grace period before you start repayment of your student loan/s begins when you graduate. In some cases you may be expected to make payments immediately to your loan servicer/s, a requirement that usually applies only to private loans.
In order to assist you in navigating through the numerous repayment options, we are pleased to announce that we have partnered with Inceptia, a non profit financial education organization, that can provide you with Grace Period Loan Counseling Service. We have made this service available to you so that you are empowered to make wise and informed decisions regarding your student loan repayment options.
If you choose to participate, you must OPT-IN and register for Inceptia’s service by January 5, 2015. You may register at the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1O9GRrzsCnv8zqoBILAdR3cdhigbKGC5R350GQ_MRYh4/viewform
Here is what you can expect from Inceptia's Grace Period Loan Counseling Service:
- Individualized counseling during your federal student loan grace period
- Answers to your specific student loan repayment questions based on your personal loan portfolio
- Initial phone calls and emails from Inceptia's well-trained counselors to start the process to explore your various repayment options throughout the grace period
- Free access to the most up-to-date federal student loan information, tools, and resources
IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law has partnered with Inceptia because:
- You have made a major investment in your law school education
- We understand that the repayment of your loans can be a confusing process to sort out
- We are dedicated to assisting students making financially informed and responsible decisions
- We are committed to our students and have paid for this service, making it free of charge to you
- We believe this service is valuable and will make your repayment process easier to manage
- Our goal that you feel well informed and more at ease about your loans and your repayment options when you graduate·
Due to Federal privacy regulations:
- When you are contacted by Inceptia, you will be asked to verify two pieces of personally identifiable information to confirm your identity
- We ask that you check your contact information on your myIIT portal account for accuracy, as this will be the contact information used by Inceptia
Your personally identifiable information will be sent to Inceptia upon graduation. Inceptia will reach out to you several times during your grace period. We strongly urge you to take advantage of this free service. Please be sure to OPT-IN and register by January 5, 2015.