Primary Section Navigation
A A | Email | Print | Share
- Apr03The BookIT IP Series welcomes Professor Irene Calboli to give a talk on her edited work (with Professor Edward Lee) Research Handbook on Intellectual Property Exhaustion and Parallel Imports. There is no charge to attend this event and a free pizza lunch will be provided
From the book:
This Research Handbook explores issues related to the principle of exhaustion of intellectual property rights. To date, the application of this principle continues to vary from country to country, and there is increasing pressure to clarify the extent of its application both at the national level and in the context of international trade with respect to parallel imports.
Some of the questions this book explores:
1. Should exhaustion apply at the national, regional or international level?
2. Should copyright, patent and trademark laws follow the same regime?
3. Should countries attempt to harmonize their approaches?
4. To what extent should living matters and self-replicating technologies be subject to the principle of exhaustion?
The book also highlights how a one-size answer may not fit all the current challenges that the courts and policy makers are facing in this area.
Dr. Calboli is visiting professor and deputy director of the Applied Research Centre for Intellectual Assets and the Law in Asia, Singapore Management University School of Law, and professor of law at Texas A&M University School of Law. Her interests include Intellectual Property Law, International Trade Law, and Comparative Law. She publishes in both English and Spanish, and her written work has appeared in leading volumes, peer-reviewed articles, and student-edited law reviews. Dr. Calboli holds an LL.B., summa cum laude, and a Doctorate of Research degree from the University of Bologna, an LL.M. from the London School of Economics and Political Science, and a diploma degree in Trademarks Law from Queen Mary College London.
The BookIT IP Series is co-sponsored by Chicago-Kent’s Intellectual Property Program and the Center for Empirical Studies of Intellectual Property.
- Apr03Join us as we celebrate beloved members of the Chicago-Kent community! We will announce the winners of the SBA Awards and the new inductees to the Bar & Gavel Society.
Hors d'oeuvres and libations will be served. RSVP online.