Primary Section Navigation
A A | Email | Print | Share
- May15Commencement will take place Sunday, May 15, 2016. For more details and ticket information, visit www.kentlaw.iit.edu/commencement.
- May16Illinois Institute of Technology’s dedicated TIAA (formerly TIAA-CREF) financial consultant will be available for complimentary one-on-one financial counseling sessions at the Downtown Campus on May 16, 2016. For more information and to schedule your session, contact TIAA’s scheduling department at 800.732.8353.
- May27The National Aten Coin Foundation and Chicago-Kent College of Law invite you to the Aten Coin 2016 Conference. Join us for "Beyond Bitcoin: Privacy, Money, Crime and a Better Digital Currency."
The Bitcoin competitor Aten Coin describes itself as “the next generation digital currency that utilizes proprietary techniques to verify ownership of coin holders, monitor secured transactions, identify senders and receivers, maintain transparency over
process, protect coins from theft.” What Aten Coin offers is good for controlling money laundering, but can raise concerns about privacy. The conflict reflects the dual nature of financial regulation. Anti-money-laundering and counter-terrorism law require identifying parties in financial transactions and filing reports on suspicious activity, but privacy regulations restrict the disclosure of personally identifying information. record-keeping
Can we realize the gains from digital currencies in a coherent system of regulation that respects privacy while also taking adequate steps to against money laundering and terrorism? The conference will address this question and the effectiveness of Aten Coin in providing a solution.
This event is free and open to the public. Visit the event page for the program schedule and to register.
- Sep22Chicago-Kent's annual Supreme Court IP Review (SCIPR) is designed to provide intellectual property practitioners, jurists, legal academics and law students with a review of IP cases from the U.S. Supreme Court's previous Term, a preview of cases on the docket for the upcoming Term, and a discussion of cert. petitions to watch. More information will be available on the SCIPR website at www.kentlaw.iit.edu/scipr.
- Oct04IIT Downtown Campus - Chicago-Kent College of Law
Room: Judge Abraham Lincoln Marovitz Courtroom
2016 Morris Lecturer Vittoria Barsotti. More information to come.