Faculty Liaison Program
Each full-time faculty member at Chicago-Kent College of Law has a librarian liaison. All others are welcome to contact the research librarians at any time for research assistance.
If a liaison is not available, contact Reference by calling (312) 906-5670 or emailing email@example.com.
Circulation & Reserves
Books may be borrowed by full-time faculty for a period of one year, serials for 6 months, and media items for 3 weeks. The Library will take care of renewals.
To place an item on reserve, please contact your library liaison or Reference at (312) 906-5670.
- Items placed on Faculty Course Reserves are kept behind the Circulation desk and can be checked out by students for 3 hours.
- Items placed on 10th Floor Reserve are not available for student check out; they must be used in the library.
The Library's current awareness services can help you keep up with the latest news and research in your field. Contact your liaison or email Reference for any of the current awareness services listed below:
Library update emails
- Chronicle of Higher Education: daily updates for the latest news in academia (sent twice every weekday).
- New Resources List: latest books and other resources added to the library collection (sent every month).
- Routing: The Library can route periodicals and newsletters to your office.
- Current Index to Legal Periodicals: (CILP): You can receive weekly email updates on specific legal topics from SmartCILP.
- Custom news alerts: Librarians can assist you in setting up custom email or RSS feeds for websites, blogs, and more.
The Library provides a variety of document delivery options, including copies and scans in black & white or color. Print copies supplied by the Library can be any size, to a maximum of 11" x 17", and delivery can be made to your office or your DTC mailbox. Scans can be provided in PDF and emailed to your faculty email address. Bulk copying (e.g., class handouts) should be requested from the College Service Center.
To initiate a document delivery request, contact your facuty assistant or the Library Service Desk (x65600).
Adjunct faculty members have proxy access to subscription databases with their kentlaw username and password and enjoy borrowing privileges for print materials.
The Document Center in the library is available to make copies and print course-related materials.
For all course-related research requests, please contact Reference at (312) 906-5670 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding Westlaw or LexisNexis access, please contact Debbie Ginsberg at (312) 906-5673 or email@example.com.