Financial Aid Overview
IIT's Downtown Campus financial aid website provides all of the information, tools and resources you need to complete the financial aid process, including:
- comprehensive financial aid information for the current academic year
- links to FAFSA information and forms
- financial aid worksheets and representative student budgets
- contact information for federal and private lenders with links to loan applications
- loan and repayment calculators
- links to information on debt management and tax benefits for higher education
Overview of the Financial Aid Process
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) anytime after January 1st. Chicago-Kent's FAFSA code is E00773.
2. Student Aid Report (SAR )
Log into your FAFSA account to check your FAFSA status online and ensure that Chicago-Kent receives your Student Aid Report (SAR). In addition, review the Department of Education's comments on your SAR and make any necessary changes.
3. Award Review, Acceptance & Adjustment
Log into your myIIT portal account to accept or adjust the financial aid awards offered to you.
4. Loan Application & Entrance Counseling
If you accept any federal loans, you must complete the corresponding Master Promissory Notes and Entrance Counseling sessions. To complete your Direct Loan Master Promissory Notes and Entrance Counseling please log into the Department of Education's website.
5. Other Required Documents
Some students are selected by the Department of Education to submit additional documentation. Please log into your myIIT portal account to see any additional required documents that you must submit.
All student loan funds are sent directly to the IIT Downtown Campus. Federal loans exceeding the cost of your tuition charges will be available to you through a tuition refund. The status of your student account balance can be viewed through the myIIT portal.