2013 Entering Class
The academic year for entering students officially begins with Orientation Week with a full schedule of seminars, classes and discussions. Orientation Week is not optional. The first sessions of Criminal Law and Legal Research and Writing will be held during this week.
Day Division Orientation
Orientation for both full-time and part-time day division students will take place Monday, August 19, through Thursday, August 22, 2013. View the day division Orientation schedule.
Evening Division Orientation
Orientation for evening division students will take place Saturday, August 17, through Thursday, August 22, 2013. The Saturday session will consist of an introduction to Chicago-Kent technology resources. There are no activities scheduled on Sunday, August 20. View the evening division Orientation schedule.
The orientation schedule includes:
- Academic Classes and Class Simulation
- Mock Trial Presentation
- Chicago Circuit Court Visits
- Presentations on Professionalism and Financial Aid
- Student Organization Fair
- Public Service Day
- Tours of the Law Library
- The Dean's Social
To keep Orientation Week from becoming too overwhelming, we have also scheduled several small group activities and some larger, casual social events to allow you to get to know your classmates, professors and current students. A preliminary schedule for the first week will be sent to you in June.
- Public Service Day: Fill out the form to register for the program
- Student Mentor Program: Fill out the online form to be matched with an upper-level student mentor
- Family & Friends Day: Fill out the form to register for the program
We look forward to meeting you!