Tax and Probate Clinic
Chicago-Kent Law Offices
The Tax and Probate Clinic at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law is a full-service tax and probate practice.
- We represent taxpayers who are being audited by the Internal Revenue Service and Illinois Department of Revenue examination functions in connection with their individual or business income or employment tax liabilities.
- We assist taxpayers who receive levy notices or notices of federal or state tax liens, and prepare Offers in Compromise, installment agreements, and requests for Currently Not Collectible status.
- We represent taxpayers in cases before the U.S. Tax Court and the U.S. District Court, as well as before the Illinois Department of Revenue and the IRS Appeals Division (including Collection Due Process hearings).
- We help taxpayers with innocent spouse relief requests, identity theft, penalty abatements, and earned income tax credit issues.
- We prepare all federal and state individual and business tax returns, including payroll, estate, trust, and entity returns.
- We provide ethical, aggressive planning strategies, and can assist clients with obtaining a tax-exempt status for their charitable organization or an advance determination from the IRS for proposed business transactions.
- We draft wills, inter vivos living trusts, guardian arrangements, durable health care and financial powers of attorney.
- We guide personal representatives through the probate of intestate or testate estates.
- We represent beneficiaries and contestants challenging will or trust dispositions.
- We assist with asset protections and tax minimization strategies, and overall family estate planning and property disposition.
Visit our external website.