Diverse Student Organizations at IIT Chicago-Kent
Student Diversity Council
The Student Diversity Council is a forum of student leaders - see their Mission Statement and Current Members.
Student Organization Sites
Student organizations are an important part of the Chicago-Kent community, and there are a number of organizations that support students from diverse backgrounds. In addition to individual programming, these groups also work together on joint programming throughout the year.
- Asian Pacific American Law Students Association (APALSA): Chicago-Kent APALSA seeks to increase social and professional opportunities for Asian and Asian American law students both within the Chicago-Kent campus and the greater legal community.
- Black Law Students Association (BLSA): BLSA is a student organization centered around enriching the Chicago-Kent community with diversity and providing minority students with the resources necessary to excel in the legal profession. BLSA provides programming geared towards community service, and academic and professional growth.
- Disability Advocacy Law Student Association (DALSA):
- FirstGen: First Generation Law Student Association: was created to provide support for first generation students, bridge connections across Chicago-Kent cultural and affinity groups, and foster diversity in the legal field. First-Gen aims to provide networking and educational opportunities for our members, many of whom are not only first generation law students but also first generation college graduates and Americans.
- Hellenic Law Student Association (HLSA): The Hellenic Law Student Association (HLSA) is dedicated to connecting Chicago-Kent students with Greek judges, attorneys, and other law school students around the Chicago-land area, as well as professionals of any and all ethnicity.
- Hispanic-Latino Law Students Association (HLLSA): one of the largest ethnic organizations at Chicago-Kent, continuing with our original goals as well as educating students on the issues that greatly affect the Hispanic/Latino communities at large.
- Jewish Law Students Association/Decalogue: Decalogue Society is the Chicago-Kent chapter of a bar association that provides networking opportunities for Jewish lawyers, law students and judges.
- Lambdas The Chicago-Kent Lambdas is an organization that provides support to students who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer. The organization welcomes all students interested in areas of law that affect the LGBTQ community.
- Muslim Law Student Association (MLSA)
- Racial Equity and Advocacy Alliance (REAA)
- South Asian Law Student Association (SALSA)
- Student Humanitarian Network (SHN)
- Society of Women in Law (WIL): The Society of Women in Law strives to address and meet the personal, professional, and academic needs of both female law students as well as all law students at Chicago-Kent through mentorship programs, professional development and networking events, volunteer opportunities, and other activities.