Upper-Level Course Planning
Students begin taking elective courses after completing their first year of study. The Chicago-Kent faculty has adopted a list of recommended courses they think all students should seriously consider taking. In addition, students can gain an appreciation for what they enjoy, what they excel at, and what career path might best suit them by focusing on a particular area of study.
Chicago-Kent offers numerous formal J.D. certificate programs designed to build legal skills in specialized areas of law.
J.D. Certificate Programs
- Business Law
- Criminal Litigation
- Environmental and Energy Law
- Financial Markets Compliance
- Intellectual Property Law
- International and Comparative Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- Legal Innovation + Technology
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution (LADR)
- Praxis Program
- Public Interest Law
- Workplace Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution (Workplace LADR)