International JD Applicants

Chicago-Kent welcomes applications from students who have earned degrees from foreign institutions. International applicants must submit all of the documents required of other applicants (application for admission, personal statement, LSAT/GRE score, CAS report, and letter of recommendation).  Detailed information about the application process, including information on the evaluation requirements for foreign educational credentials, is available in the First-Year Application Procedure. International applicants to the JD program are not required to take the TOEFL exam.

Advanced Standing for Foreign Law Graduates

Chicago-Kent may grant advanced standing to applicants who hold a first degree in law from a non-U.S. law school. The law school may grant up to 29 credit hours based on the applicant's prior legal study. Advanced standing determinations are made by the Assistant Dean for Academic Administration and Student Affairs after meeting with each student seeking advanced standing. The extent of advanced standing is based upon review of the transcript from the foreign law school and the credentials report, and review of the specific coursework completed, in order to ensure that the student's educational experience was sufficient to justify the granting of advanced standing.