The Alumni Association can publicize your organization's event by sending targeted email and mail invitations to alumni. We can also include your organization's event in our e-newsletter, which is sent monthly to over 8,000 alumni.
Please read and review the email policy below. Questions may be directed to the Alumni Association at (312) 906-5240 or email@example.com
The Alumni Association is happy to assist with publicizing events to alumni, either through inclusion in the monthly Alumni E-Brief or, when appropriate, through targeted emails to specific groups of alumni. The Alumni Association can also publicize events to alumni through Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Please note that the Alumni Association cannot provide email or mailing lists directly to student organizations.
To be included in the monthly Alumni E-Brief:
- The details (date, time, location, program) of the event must be finalized;
- The event must appear in the Chicago-Kent online calendar on kentlaw.iit.edu; and
- There must be a website or email contact for people to refer for more information or to RSVP.
The Alumni E-Brief is sent to more than 8,000 alumni on the first Tuesday of every month. Events should be submitted to the Alumni Association by the 20th of the previous month in order to be included.
To be publicized through a targeted email:
- The event must be directed at a specific group of alumni that is tracked in the alumni database. This includes alumni in specific practice areas and alumni who participated in certain student organizations when they were in school.
- The initial email should be sent out at least one month (ideally 6 weeks) in advance of the event.
The Alumni Association needs at least 2 weeks' notice before sending out an initial email invitation. After the initial email, reminder emails will be sent at regular intervals. All emails are sent in the Chicago-Kent Alumni Association template. Any images or organization logos that you wish to include in the email should be provided to the Alumni Association at least 2 weeks in advance.
To learn more about what groups of alumni may be able to be targeted by emails, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.