Career Services Office Diversity Initiatives
The Career Services Office (CSO) takes a strategic approach toward helping students succeed in law school and the legal profession. The CSO promotes diversity-related job fairs, scholarship opportunities, summer associate positions, networking receptions, workshops, seminars and other programs throughout the year. These services support career-building initiatives through partnerships with local law firms and other organizations, including opportunities for first-year law students to work with judges, corporations and law firms.
Student Career Opportunity Highlights
Chicago-Kent students are selected annually for prestigious scholarships and summer opportunities with firms, corporate counsel, and Judges:
- From 2005-2019, 150 students were selected by the American Bar Association's Judicial Intern Opportunity Program (JIOP) where they have had the opportunity to intern with a Judge during the summer.
- Over the past ten years, at least one student, and as many as nine, have participated in the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC), Chicago Chapter, Diversity Summer Internship Program, receiving the opportunity to work in-house with top Chicago-area corporations.
- First year diverse students have the opportunity to participate in the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), 1L LCLD Scholars Program, through which first-year law students from diverse backgrounds have the opportunity to work with attorneys from law firms and corporations.
Annual CSO Diversity Programs
- Judicial Intern Opportunity Program (JIOP) and Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Diversity Law Student Panel
- Diversity Job Fairs: what you need to know!
- In addition, the CSO works closely with diversity student groups at Chicago-Kent throughout the year to support programs that bring legal practitioners to Chicago-Kent to speak, as well as networking receptions