Public Interest Resources & Links
- ABANET, Law Student Division Corner - career resources and guidance, volunteer opportunities, internships, and job postings.
- American Society for Public Administration - career opportunities in public administration.
- Community Career Center - non-profit job search site.
- Environmental Career Opportunities - environmental job search site.
- Equal Justice America Legal Services Fellowships - summer and school year fellowships for students who work for organizations providing direct civil legal assistance for the poor.
- Equal Justice Works - information on public interest law career fair, job opportunities, and fellowships.
- Everett Public Service Internship Program - summer public service internships in Washington D.C. and New York City.
- GovtJobs - job opportunities in the public sector.
- Hillzoo - jobs on Capital Hill and "off-the-hill"
- Human Rights Internet - positions, both law-related and other, in human rights organizations around the world.
- - jobs, fellowships, and internships with human rights organizations.
- Idealist - job listings, internships, and volunteer opportunities with non-profits and community organizations throughout the world
- Illinois Legal Aid - a list of legal aid and policy positions available in Illinois.
- National Lawyers Guild - posts jobs, internships, and fellowships.
- National Legal Aid and Defense Organization - positions in civil legal services, defender organizations, pro bono and public interest organizations, public interest law firms and academia.
- Office of Personnel Management -information on jobs and summer opportunities in federal agencies across the country searchable by position, salary, and geographic location.
- Opportunities in Public Affairs - public affair job openings in the Washington D. C. area.
- Opportunity Knocks - nonprofit jobs and career opportunities.
- Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI) - internships and fellowships for law students and new graduates at public interest law agencies in Chicago.
- Public Service Careers - search for public service jobs and career advice. You can also create a personalized alert for jobs in your area of interest.
- PSJD - info on a wide variety of public interest positions, including volunteer opportunities, paid summer positions, and post-graduate positions and fellowships. The first time you access the site you will need to register as a Chicago-Kent student or alumni/ae.
- ReliefWeb - lists positions, both law-related and other, in humanitarian organizations around the world.
- Union Jobs Clearinghouse - staffing and trade positions in organized labor.
City of Chicago Department of Law & City Agencies
Cook County Agencies
State of Illinois Government Agencies
Legal Aid & Service Organizations / Resources by State
To search for legal aid and government agencies by state, use PSJD.org.