ASP Teaching Assistants are selected from among Chicago-Kent's top upper level students. Teaching Assistants are available to all students for first-year doctrinal courses. (Legal writing TAs are available through the Legal Writing Program.) TAs hold weekly office hours and monthly sessions that are open to all students.
If you are interested in working as an ASP TA, you should approach any professors you are interested in working with and inform them of your interest.
TA positions are available for the following courses:
Fall 2019 — Day Division
- Civil Procedure (Prof. Perritt)
- Contracts (Prof. Baker, Prof. Batlan, Prof. Rosado)
- Criminal Law (Prof. Bailey, Prof. Erickson, Prof. Heyman)
- Torts (Prof. Lee, Prof. Piatt, Prof. Streseman, Prof. Wright-evening)
- Legislation (Prof. Marder, Prof. Sowle)
- Business Organizations: (Prof. Conviser, Prof. Robbins)
- Evidence: (Prof. Erickson)
- Constitutional Law: (Prof. Rosen, Prof. Schmidt, Prof. Shapiro)
Please submit your application online, by
TA Requirements and Responsibilities
TAs must have: (1) a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and (2) earned a grade of B+ or higher in the class for which they will serve as a TA. Second, third, and fourth-year day and evening students are eligible to work as TAs. All students selected to serve as TAs are required to attend a mandatory training session. Teaching assistants work approximately 10-12 hours per week. Responsibilities include attending class, teaching a weekly small group session, teaching two large-group sessions, and holding weekly office hours.
All TA’s receive a stipend of $1,100 received as bi-weekly pay. In addition, you may (but are not required to) register for either one or two credits. If you register for credit, you are responsible for the tuition payment for the credit(s).
Please contact Jenna Abhijeet, Director of Academic Administration and Student Affairs, if have questions about working as an ASP Teaching Assistant.