Core Google Services
Your Chicago-Kent Google account enables access to the following Google core services:
- Communicate with community campus members
- Google Drive
- This app stores your documents and more, allowing you to invite other users to view, download, and/or collaborate on any of the files you designate.
- Google Docs
- If you want group input on a document, you can use Google Docs and determine who on your team will have different privileges, such as editing or viewing.
- Google Meet
- Video conferencing tool, connect with others.
- Google Sheets
- This app allows users to create and format spreadsheets, charts, graphs, and pivot tables online. It is akin to Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, but unlike Excel, with Google Sheets you can work on a spreadsheet, for example, simultaneously with other users. This app is compatible with Microsoft Excel file formats.
- Google Slides
- This is a presentation program that allows users to create and edit presentations online, collaborating with other users in real-time. You can imbed videos or animation, too. Users can access revision history to see prior versions of the same presentation, sorted by date and who made the change. The app is compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint file formats.
- Google Forms
- This is a survey administration app that features all of the collaboration and sharing features found in Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides. You can collect information from users through a targeted survey, poll, or quiz that you can personalize to your audience using photos, logos, or one of the existing curated themes. Your audience's responses are then automatically collected and populated in real time into a Google Sheet that includes charts, saving you time and effort.
- Google Chat
- Create a small group with your team to collaborate and communicate (You will need to login to your Chicago-Kent Google Apps account)
- Google Calendar.
- Easily schedule meetings at times that work for everyone, get meeting reminders, and share calendars.
In addition to the above services the Chicago-Kent community now has access to additional services.
For a complete list of additional services that are available for use with your Chicago-Kent account please visit our 'Additional Google Apps' page.