IIT-Secure network - Campus-wide WiFi
Wireless Internet is available throughout the IIT Downtown Campus and Main Campus. To use the secure wireless network users must authenticate with their IIT Chicago-Kent e-mail address and myIIT password. Wireless devices must be capable of connecting to WPA2 Enterprise.
- The SSID IIT-Secure supports 802.11a/g/n and is encrypted.
- Connecting to this network will allow you to connect to Chicago-Kent network resources such as student printers and shared drives.
- IIT-Secure is also the secure wireless network at the Main Campus. Once configured, connection at either campus will be seamless.
- Connecting to IIT-Secure can be accomplished by following either the Xpressconnect or manual instructions below.
eduroam (Education Roaming)
eduroam provides students, researchers and staff from participating institutions with free wireless internet access when visiting other participating institutions by simply turning on their already configured laptop/phone or other smart devices.
eduroam (Education Roaming) is a secure, world-wide roaming internet access service developed for the international research and education community. The eduroam initiative began in Europe in 2003 and has since expanded to Australia, North America and Asia.
Your device must be configured with the eduroam network before you visit a participating institution. Before you leave IIT. Detailed information for configuring your device can be found on our eduroam page
The SSID DTC-Event is for guests visiting Chicago-Kent.
- A usage-specific username and password are required for this SSID.
- Usernames and passwords for DTC-Event can be obtained from the Help Desk by authorized departments or requested as part of the room reservation process.
Instructions for IIT-Secure
Verify IIT-Secure connectivity
- Click here to verify that your device is connected to IIT-Secure.