If you are transferring into Chicago-Kent from another law school there are a few things to keep in mind in order for your financial aid to be processed in a timely manner.
- You will need to add Chicago-Kent College of Law (school code E00773) to your FAFSA. We will not be able to receive your FAFSA if you do not list this code
- You will receieve an award notification email within 1-2 weeks of completing the FAFSA directing you to view and accept your awards on the myIIT portal in the Finances Tab. Please note the awarding cycle does not begin unitl mid to late March of each calendar year. Award notification will be sent out after that time if your file is complete.
- Review any missing required documentation in the myIIT portal.
- Complete Federal Loan Entrance Counseling Online at: www.studentloans.gov.
- You are not required to complete a new Master Promissory Note (MPN), if a valid and non-expired MPN is on file with Direct Loans.
- There may be a waiting period for your disbursement to be released due to a transfer monitoring process required for financial aid.
We strongly encourage incoming transfer students to familiarize themselves with the financial aid process and cost of attendance at Chicago-Kent as it may not be the same as at their prior school. Each school sets their own cost of attendance budget and students are expected to stay within that amount by budgeting themselves accordingly. Financial aid cannot exceed the cost of attendance. Students can view their tuition rate per credit hour and fees here, and the cost of attendance budget here. Once enrolled students can view their student account on the myIIT portal. Click here for log in instructions for the myIIT portal. In addition, students can use the Semester Refund Calculation Worksheet and Estimated Cost Worksheet to determine their expenses at Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Spring transfer students: If you borrowed a Federal Stafford Unsubsidized Loan at your prior school for the same academic year, only the remaining eligibility can be awarded in this loan. The maximum eligibility per academic year for the Stafford Unsubsidized Loan is $20,500. You will be awarded the Federal Plus Loan up to the cost of attendance minus any other aid, including scholarships.
Students are always welcome to make an appointment with the Office of Financial Aid to discuss their financial aid award.