Procedures for Students Visiting Another Law School & Requring Financial Aid

  1. Complete Application to Visit Another Law School form. The Assistant Dean of Academic Administration and Student Affairs must approve the student to take courses at another law school. Bring the form to the Office of Financial Aid for signature or provide a copy of the form to the Office of Financial Aid.
  2. Required one-on-one counseling appointment with the Office of Financial Aid prior to departure. The other school's calendar may not match the Chicago-Kent academic calendar. If your start/end dates are outside the standard Chicago-Kent calendar it is considered a unique circumstance and requires special attention. Therefore you are required to make an appointment for special on-one-one counseling as to how it will effect your financial aid disbursement.
  3. Complete Financial Aid Request to Visit Another Law School form and submit it to the Office of Financial Aid. Please be sure to include all contact information for the school you plan to visit. Incomplete applications may result in processing delays. Please allow at least 5-6 weeks for processing of your financial aid.
  4. Our office will request that your host school's Financial Aid Office complete a Consortium Agreement, with the cost of attendance amounts, and their Registrar's Office provide Enrollment Verification with dates of attendance, and credit hours.
  5. A financial aid award will be formulated for you, once we receive all required documentation from the visiting school. You will be notified via email once you can view and accept your financial aid award on the myIIT portal.
  6. Loan funds will be disbursed to your student account at Chicago-Kent according to your enrollment period at the visiting school. Typically funds are scheduled to disburse 10 days before the start of your enrollment period at the visiting school, not according to the standard Chicago-Kent academic calendar. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid for disbursement notification.
  7. If you are expecting a refund from an excess in student loan funds, please contact the Student Accounting Office. It is recommended that you set up direct deposit of your refund before it is processed by the Student Accounting Office. Please keep in mind that the Office of Financial Aid does not process refunds.

Also, please be aware that:

  • Visiting away students are not eligible for Chicago-Kent scholarships during their time away from Chicago-Kent.
  • It is the student's responsibility to pay charges accrued at the visiting school. 
  • We strongly recommend that you budget accordingly based on the procedures outlined above.