Compliance Boot Camp
Thursday, January 17, 2013, 1–4:45 p.m
What every practitioner, in-house counsel, and prospective compliance professional should know
The Chicago-Kent Institute for Compliance and the Young Alumni Council invite you to an engaging half-day conference on compliance.
- Building and maintaining an effective compliance program
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Anti-money laundering
Speakers include leading in-house counsel, regulators, and outside counsel. Attendees are eligible to receive three CLE credits. Networking reception to follow in the lobby.
Careers in Derivatives and Compliance Law
March 27, 2013, 3:00 to 5:30 p.m., 10th floor event room
A panel of attorneys talked about their positions and future opportunities in derivatives and compliance law. Co-sponsored by the Corporate Law Society.
Hot Topics: Consumer Compliance in Banking
March 14, 2013, 5:30 to 7 p.m., 10th floor event room
This panel is open to the public, and free CLE credit is available.
- Joseph Silvia, Counsel, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Julie Williams, Senior Vice President, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Karen Kothari Barnes, Director and Senior Counsel, Discover Financial Services
- John Geiringer, Partner, Barack Ferrezzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg LLP
"The Global Regulation of Financial Markets"
February 28, 2013, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., 10th floor event room
Michael Mann, Partner, Richards Kibbe & Orbe LLP
Mr. Mann established RK&O's Washington, D.C., office in 1996. His legal practice focuses on international securities regulation and enforcement and the cross-border conduct of business. He provides strategic advice and counseling to clients engaged in business subject to regulation in the United States and throughout the world.
Read Mr. Mann's full bio...
"Good Derivatives: A Story of Financial and Environmental Innovation"
September 20, 2012, 4:30 p.m.
Richard Sandor — a key player in global derivatives since he created the first Treasury futures contract at the Chicago Board of Trade. Mr. Sandor has continued his innovative contributions by founding the Chicago Climate Exchange, a market for reducing greenhouse gases.
Compliance Career Conversations
Thursday, October 11, 2012
- Chris Meyer '00, Director and Chief Compliance Officer, E*TRADE Capital Markets LLC
Chris Meyer will provide an overview of his career path, the type of work that he does, and suggestions that he has for obtaining positions in compliance. Students are encouraged to ask questions.
Noon to 1 p.m. Room 305. Lunch will be provided.
September 6, 2012
- Kevin Saunders '09, Legal & Compliance Examiner in the Large Institution Division, The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago