Candidates for admission to the Graduate Program in Taxation may apply at any time, but are encouraged to do so as early as possible in the summer for fall semester matriculation and in the fall for spring semester matriculation. You may request an admissions packet online or by calling the Office of Graduate Admissions at (312) 906-5360. Applications are available for download in PDF format:
- Download the application to the Graduate Program in Taxation (full- or part-time)
- Download the application to the Graduate Program in Taxation (non-matriculant) (more information for non-matriculants)
- Download the application to the J.D. LL.M. Joint Degree Program
How to Apply
To apply, you must submit to the Office of Graduate Admissions the following:
- a completed application form
- an official transcript of your law school work
- and two letters of reference from law school professors or from attorneys with whom you have worked who can assess your capacity for advanced legal study in taxation
Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition and fees for the current academic year are available here. All courses carry two semester hours of credit. Students enrolled in at least six credit hours each semester may be eligible for federally sponsored educational loans.
Students who plan to enroll full-time may be eligible for a limited number of partial-tuition scholarships. For more information, contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at (312) 906-5360.
Students wishing to take one or more courses in the Graduate Program in Taxation without becoming candidates for the LL.M. degree may do so with permission. Tuition for non-matriculants and auditors is $1,775 per credit hour. Please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions for further information.
For more information
Office of Graduate Admissions
Chicago-Kent College of Law
Illinois Institute of Technology
565 West Adams Street
Chicago, Illinois 60661-3691
Telephone: (312) 906-5360
Fax: (312) 906-5274
TDD: (312) 906-5230