This fall, the CTA and U-Pass will transition to VentraTM, the easy new way to pay for trains and buses on the CTA and Pace. Below, you’ll find some general information to help you become familiar with your new Ventra U-Pass.
- Your U-Pass provides unlimited rides on the CTA during your enrollment as a full-time student.
- You will no longer need to obtain a new U-Pass every semester
- As long as you’re enrolled full-time in school, your U-Pass privileges will be loaded onto your card automatically
- Add full fare passes and transit value to your Ventra U-Pass:
- Use on the CTA when school is not in session or when you
- Use on Pace year-round
Your U-Pass is good for five years, and your transit account will stay active when you’re not in school
The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) restricts which students are eligible for the U-Pass. At Chicago-Kent, all day division students who are considered full-time qualify for the U-Pass program. (This is determined by your official division status, not by the number of credit hours you take in a particular semester.) We regret that evening division students and part-time day students are not eligible to receive U-Pass cards.
To receive a U-Pass, you must have a photo taken for your Chicago-Kent student ID card. Photos are taken during new student orientation and at the Registrar's Office on the second floor.
There is no U-Pass waiver for Chicago-Kent students. The Chicago Transit Authority designed the U-Pass program not only as a way to offer a discount to full-time students but also to increase CTA ridership. Therefore, for a school to participate in the program, CTA requires that all full-time students at that school receive the U-Pass.
CTA sets the price for the U-Pass on an annual basis. For the 2015-16 academic year, the U-Pass costs $130 each semester. If you qualify for the U-Pass, your account will automatically be billed this amount.
Each semester your U-Pass is activated from the first day of classes to the last day of final exams. For the Fall 2015 semester, your U-Pass will work from August 24, 2015 to December 18, 2015. For the Spring 2016 semester, your U-Pass is valid from January 19, 2016 to May 13, 2016
U-Pass Lost or Stolen
If you lose your U-Pass or it is stolen, please click here. You will need to submit your information and then you will be directed to pay online.
U-Pass Captured in Fare Equipment or Damaged
On CTA Bus, the card will be collected. The student will be asked to complete a Report of Captured Farecard (form 3027). The student will be allowed to ride free and given a pink copy of the report for his/her record.
At CTA Rail Stations, the card will be collected. The student will be asked to complete a Fare Discrepancy Report (form 3024). The student will be given $4.50 transit card and a copy of the FDR for his/her records.
- The student will be instructed to go to CTA's Customer Service Center at 567 W. Lake Street, 2nd Floor to request a replacement U-Pass.
- When the student presents the form to the customer service agent, he or she will be provided an unlimited five-day transit pass.
- The replacement U-Pass will be sent to the student's school in 5-7 business days.
CTA Headquarters and Business Hours
CTA Headquarters is located at 567 West Lake Street on the 2nd Floor (map). CTA Headquarters is in walking distance from the law school or can be reached by taking the Green Line to the Clinton Station.
CTA Headquarters is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
CTA U-Pass Hotline
(312) 664-7200 x13088
Director of Academic Administration and Student Affairs
Assistant Dean of Academic Administration & Student Affairs, Chicago-Kent College of Law