Spring 2021 Final Exams
The exam period will run from Wednesday, May 5, through Friday, May 14. To find your exam schedule, go to your Web for Students account and navigate to the "Spring 2021" link under the "Schedule" heading. Spring exams numbers will be posted at a later date (note: the exam numbers currently showing are for midterm exams, not final exams). In addition to the information provided below, please also see the Exam Quick Guide and, for complete information, General Procedures for Exams. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are three types of exams:
· Fixed Exams: The date and time are listed on your Exam Schedule in Web for Students.
· Floating Fixed Exams: For most first-year exams, there is a two-day window in which the exam can be taken. Please see the Spring 2021 Schedule of Classes for information regarding the open period for your course.
· Self-Scheduled Exams: Self-Scheduled exams can be taken at any time during the exam period. You will choose the date and time that you wish to take the exam. You do not need to preschedule the exam time.
· Take Home Exams: These are exams that are 24 hours or more. Please contact your professor regarding the exam parameters.
This semester, most courses will have self-scheduled or take home exams, and all exams will be taken at home. The following instructions are applicable to all exams:
· You will use the Examsoft student portal (www.examsoft.com\chicagokentlaw) to download your exam questions and to upload your exam answers.
· You only need internet access to the Examsoft website- you DO NOT need to download any software, as you will not be writing your exam answer in Examplify.
· You can use any word processing program that you like, but all exam answers must be uploaded as a PDF.
· If you are handwriting your exam answers, you can submit a PDF document of your handwritten exams answers.
· Student conduct during examinations is subject to the Chicago-Kent Code of Conduct, which is set forth in Section XIX of the Student Handbook. With respect to communications between students during exam period, please note that, once you have taken the exam, you are not allowed to communicate with anyone about any aspect of the exam.
Students who need a quiet place to take exams or who have poor Internet connectivity at home should complete this form to request use of a room in the building.
Exam Conflict/Reschedule Requests. The Student Handbook requires that you take your final exams at the times scheduled unless you have an exam conflict (as defined below), or you have a "serious illness or other extraordinary or compelling reason" beyond your control. If you have an exam conflict or believe you have other reasons justifying the rescheduling of an exam, please complete the Final Exam Reschedule form. To complete the form, log into Web for Students and navigate to the Final Exam Reschedule form in the left-hand menu. We will contact you to arrange an alternate date for you to complete your exam.