Vault Law 1L Diversity Career Summit: November 4, 2021
Vault Law 1L Diversity Career Summit, November 4, 2021
Are you a 1L seeking legal career advice? Don’t miss Vault Law’s 1L Diversity Career Summit, coming up on November 4!
Throughout this event, you will have opportunities to meet one-on-one with representatives from top-ranked law firms, listen to expert panel discussions, receive individual feedback on your resume, and more!
About this fair
Connect with top law firms committed to hiring diverse legal talent and fostering an equitable and inclusive workplace. Throughout the day, you will have opportunities to meet-and-greet with law firm representatives, listen to expert panel discussions, and more. It’s never too early to start thinking about your legal career, and this event will help lay the foundation and create a plan for your journey ahead.
- Visit each law firm’s virtual booth, which includes information about the firm, the work they do, and their DEI initiatives and resources.
- Take advantage of meet-and-greet sessions with firms to learn more about their commitment to diversity, ask career questions, and start building relationships with key contacts.
- Meet with firm representatives to ask questions such as:
- What advice do you have for candidates when it comes to assessing a law firm for its culture and commitment to diversity?
- What tips do you have for learning about/selecting a legal practice area?
- What are the most important skills that I should focus on developing during law school?
- What is your best piece of advice for law school finals?
- Should I include “XYZ” experience on my resume?
- What are some common misconceptions about life in BigLaw?
- What are some of the marquee cases or deals your firm has worked on recently?
- Attend expert panel discussions on a range of topics to help navigate your career, including:
- Perfecting Your Resume and Nailing Legal Interviews
- Career Paths: How Did You Get Here?
- Mentoring & Networking: The Building Blocks of Your Career
- Firsthand Tips for Law School Success
- Tackling Implicit Bias in a Virtual World
- Sign up for a resume review session and receive individualized feedback that will help your resume stand out from the crowd.
- For instructions on registering as a student, navigating the fair booths, and booking conversations with employers, please see our tutorial videos here.