Solo and Small Practice Incubator
Attention: Applications are still being accepted on an ongoing basis for the current 2013-2014 SSPI Program
> > Download the application here. < <
The Solo & Small Practice Incubator (SSPI) is a one-year program designed to offer a select group of entrepreneurial-minded recent IIT Chicago-Kent graduates with valuable experience and ongoing training to help build their professional careers as solo or small firm legal practitioners. The program is intended to accelerate the successful development of newly admitted lawyers in an "incubator" environment. Applicants accepted for the 2013-14 program started in November 2013. However, applications are still being accepted on an ongoing basis for the 2013-14 SSPI Program ending in November 2014.
SSPI encourages and supports its graduates by providing substantive and skills training workshops, coaching in marketing and business development, mentoring support, networking opportunities, and an array of other resources. Participants are also provided with office space and basic office fixtures. Although there is no program fee to participate in SSPI, participants spend 5 to 10 hours per week with their matched alumni-mentor in the mentor's solo or small practice firm. Time spent in the mentors' firms provide participants with additional experiential training, and assists in further enhancing participants' professional careers.
Participation is limited to a select group of recent IIT Chicago-Kent graduates, with priority given to members of the Class of 2013. Prospective participants may download the 2013 application document that provides more details about the program and application process. For more information, contact Dawn Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Law School Launches Program to House New Solo Lawyers, ABA Journal, Oct. 25, 2012.
- Chicago-Kent opens solo incubator, National Jurist, Oct. 26, 2012.
- Chicago-Kent, Thomas Jefferson Join Solo Incubator Movement, National Law Journal, Oct. 29, 2012.
- IIT's law school launches jobs incubator with seven alums, Crain's Chicago Business, Oct. 30, 2012.
- Taking their destiny into their own hands and starting a firm, Chicago Lawyer, Nov. 1, 2012.
- Incubadoras de firmas de advocacia prosperam nos EUA, Consultor Jurídico (Brazil), Nov. 5, 2012.
- Chicago-Kent's solo-attorney incubator nurtures new lawyers, Illinois Bar Journal, Jan. 2012.
Director of the Solo & Small Practice Incubator at Chicago-Kent
565 W. Adams St., Suite 330
Chicago, IL 60661