Solo and Small Practice Incubator
Welcome to the Solo and Small Practice Incubator
The Solo & Small Practice Incubator (SSPI) is a one-year program designed to offer a select group of entrepreneurial-minded recent IIT Chicago-Kent graduates with valuable experience and ongoing training to help build their professional careers as solo or small firm legal practitioners. The program is intended to accelerate the successful development of newly admitted lawyers in an "incubator" environment.
SSPI encourages and supports its graduates by providing substantive and skills training workshops, coaching in marketing and business development, mentoring support, networking opportunities, and an array of other resources. Participants are also provided with a working space or office space, and basic office fixtures. Although there is no program fee to participate in SSPI, participants spend 5 to 10 hours per week with their matched clinical faculty or alumni-mentor in the mentor's solo or small practice firm. Time spent in the mentors' firms provide participants with additional experiential training, and assists in further enhancing participants' professional careers.
Participation is limited to a select group of recent IIT Chicago-Kent graduates. For more information, contact Dawn Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Young lawyers take flight after incubator programs, ABA Journal, Feb. 1, 2015.
- Flying solo, with a boost from mentors, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, Feb. 14, 2014.
- Law School Launches Program to House New Solo Lawyers, ABA Journal, Oct. 25, 2012.
- Chicago-Kent opens solo incubator, National Jurist, Oct. 26, 2012.
- Chicago-Kent, Thomas Jefferson Join Solo Incubator Movement, National Law Journal, Oct. 29, 2012.
- IIT's law school launches jobs incubator with seven alums, Crain's Chicago Business, Oct. 30, 2012.
- Taking their destiny into their own hands and starting a firm, Chicago Lawyer, Nov. 1, 2012.
- Incubadoras de firmas de advocacia prosperam nos EUA, Consultor Jurídico (Brazil), Nov. 5, 2012.
- Chicago-Kent's solo-attorney incubator nurtures new lawyers, Illinois Bar Journal, Jan. 2012.