Summer and Fall 2018
All students, new and continuing (including those in a certificate program), must complete and submit this application. The list of students given a place for Summer 2018 and the waiting list will be emailed to all applicants and posted outside of Room 600.
See the Website for a description of clinical programs: www.kentlaw.iit.edu/academics/jd-program/practical-skills-training/legal-clinics
Mediation/ADR Clinic Note: Students must attend four days of mediation training between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to approx. 5:30 p.m. The four days of training are:
- SUMMER semester - Wednesday May 23, Thursday May 24, Wednesday May 30, and Thursday May 31, 2018.
- FALL semester - Saturday September 8, Sunday September 9, Saturday September 15 and Sunday September 16, 2018.
These dates are subject to modification and all enrolled students will be informed immediately if there is any change in the schedule. There is an extra fee of $800.00 for this training. Click here for further details.
Criminal Clinic Note: To get the optimal experience from the Criminal Clinic, it would be best to be available at least two mornings each week to go to court with your supervising attorney. In addition, if you have in the past worked or expect to concurrently work in the criminal defense or prosecution area, there maybe a conflict and this experience should be divulged to Tracy Kish before the applications are due.
Entrepreneurial Law Clinic Note: You must be able to perform all of your required hours (12 or 16 for 3 or 4 credit hours respectively) during the regular business day (M-F 9 - 5 pm). Having an outside job is not recommended and you will need consent from Professor Heather Harper to do both.
IP LAW CLINIC APPLICATION
(offered in the fall and spring semesters)
Please note that once you accept a spot in the IP Clinic you have made a professional commitment to K & L Gates, the law firm that operates this clinic; thus, subsequently dropping this clinical course after registering for it is highly discouraged. In addition to filling out the below application, the following must be completed and turned in to the receptionist in the Law Offices, Suite 600.
- Personal Statement and Other Information. Please provide the following:
- A Personal Statement of no more than 500 words outlining how the study of IP and the IP clinic fit in with your overall career plans.
- A sample Legal Writing Memo you have written. (If you do not have a legal memo, some other legal writing will suffice.)
- Your Law School Transcript (unofficial)
- Prior IP Course Work or Experience: Please list any and all prior (or current) IP related course work or experience that you have had.
The deadline has passed, but applications are still being accepted
Fall Deadline: Monday, April 23, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.