Visiting Scholars Program
Due to COVID-19, at this time we are not accepting applications to the Visiting Scholars Program. Please check this webpage for updates as the situation evolves.
IIT Chicago-Kent has a long-standing tradition of hosting academic visitors at its Conviser Law Center. The growing network of international professors and doctoral and post-doctoral academics adds to the diversity and quality of the academic discourse for which our faculty is renowned. Being part of this prolific group of academics is an important step in the career of young scholars, while established scholars enjoy the opportunity to partake in Chicago-Kent's ambitious speakers' series and vibrant academic community. All draw on the resources of Chicago-Kent's outstanding library and the professional services of the expert library staff. The law school building, conveniently located near the Conviser Law Center of law firms, courts and businesses, is a state-of-the-art high-rise building with excellent amenities.
Visitors may join the Chicago-Kent community for short- or long-term research periods of up to one year. Depending upon availability, timing and relationship to ongoing Chicago-Kent research initiatives, the law school may offer visiting scholars some or all of the following benefits:
- designated carrel in the library
- use of the library, including inter-library loan, print resources, computer labs, wireless access, free printing account of 400 pages per semester, Lexis and Westlaw passwords, and training
- introductory research workshops
- Chicago-Kent network account
- invitation to faculty talks and colloquia
- limited opportunity to audit select classes with approval of the Dean of Students
- assistance with the visa process and documentation
- guidance on finding housing resources