Chicago-Kent College of Law
Future-Focused Legal Education
Academic excellence. Rigorous career training. Positive outcomes. At Chicago-Kent, these priorities guide the way. Here you’ll learn the law in a thriving academic environment, driven by outstanding professors and challenging coursework. You’ll build the foundation for a successful career through extensive skills training, academic concentrations and top-ranked advocacy programs. With ongoing support from career advisors and accomplished alumni, you’ll move forward equipped for success.
Maximize Your Potential
- Our pioneering legal research and writing program prepares you to hit the ground running.
- You’ll cultivate practical skills through our top-ranked trial and appellate advocacy programs, legal and judicial externships, and extensive legal clinics. Our 1L Your Way Program offers a unique clinical rotation course designed specifically for first-year students.
- Our faculty, ranked 44th in the nation based on scholarly impact, excel in teaching and involve students extensively in their research.
- We offer specialized studies through 12 J.D. certificate programs, including our intellectual property program, considered one of the best in the nation.
- We’re one of the only law schools in the country associated with a technology-focused university — one that embraces innovation and new possibilities.
No application fee for 2019 J.D. applicants
Chicago-Kent is committed to maintaining the diverse community that has been one of its strengths since its founding more than a century ago. Each admissions file is individually reviewed and the Admissions Committee takes a holistic view of each applicant's qualifications. To learn more about the application process and access the online application forms, review the Apply to Chicago-Kent page.
We appreciate your interest in Chicago-Kent and look forward to working with you during the admissions process. If you have any questions, you may contact the Office of Admissions staff by phone at (312) 906-5020 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the law school through our viewbook, The Future of Legal Education Is Here. Fill out our information request form to receive a copy by mail.
You can also access a digital copy online.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
As a member of the Association of American Law Schools and in conformity with its bylaws, the faculty of IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law has adopted the following policy: Chicago-Kent College of Law provides equality of opportunity in legal education for all persons, including applicants for admission, enrolled students, and graduates, without discrimination or segregation on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, handicap or disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Admissions Office Hours and Location
The Office of Admissions is located on the second floor of the law school in suite 230 and is open during the following hours:
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
If you wish to speak with an admissions counselor or tour the building, please see our visit page for information on how to schedule an appointment.