Welcome Chicago-Kent Alums!
We are here to assist alumni reach their career goals and to help you find qualified candidates should you be seeking law clerks or attorneys for your office.
Individual career counseling provides alumni with career planning advice, revision of resume and cover letters, assistance with career changes, and interviewing and job search strategy.
The Career Services Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with evening appointments available upon request.
Chicago-Kent College of Law graduates have free access to job postings on Symplicity. In addition, Symplicity has the following features:
Make an Appointment with a Career Services Counselor: To make an appointment, on the opening page of Symplicity click the hyperlink "Request an Appointment." Once there check the box next to the name of your Career Adviser and then click on the day on the calendar that you would like to meet with your Adviser. You should see a list of available times. Simply click the one you want. The time and date should now show up on the far right of the page. Please select what type of appointment you are making (Resume Review, Interviewing Strategy, etc.), then click "Submit." You should then be taken to a page confirming your appointment. You can also use Symplicity to reschedule or cancel an appointment.
Enter the Document Library under the "Resources" tab, where we store all password-protected resources including:
- The Chicago Area Law Firm List - updated annually by the Chicago-Area Law School Consortium, the list contains the names, contact information and practice areas of firms with 4 or more attorneys in the Chicago-area.
- The BYU Intercollegiate Job Bank - The BYU Intercollegiate Job Bank compiles entry level job postings from schools throughout the country. This resource will be especially useful for students and alumni conducting an out-of-town job search, but through this service you can also access the postings of other Illinois and Chicago area schools.
- Practice Area Handouts in many areas of legal practice from Bankruptcy to Labor and Employment to Tax Law; as well asHandbooks for Prosecutor, Public Defender and Public Interest Careers
- Many additional resources such as the Public Policy Handbook, Human Rights Jobs.net, International Career Employment Weekly and more
- The Vermont Guide to State Court Clerkships and
- Many, many other resources
In addition, we subscribe to PSJD, a national resources of public interest law jobs and resources (you can create an account on the website upon indicating you are a graduate of Chicago-Kent); and CareerShift, an aggregator of all jobs on publicly available websites in your designated target area (i.e. search "Attorney" in Chicago; or "Compliance" in Chicago.) Please contact the Career Services Office firstname.lastname@example.org for the Chicago-Kent login information.
If you do not currently have a user name and password for Symplicity or if you are having difficulty accessing Symplicity, contact the Career Services Office at email@example.com or (312) 906-5200 with your name, year of graduation, and e-mail address. After we receive your request, you will be sent an e-mail with your password and instructions for using the system.
Should you have any questions or comments about Alumni Career Advising or other opportunities, please do not hesitate to contact Victoria Ryan, director of career services and recruitment programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.906.5203.