Welcome Chicago-Kent Students!
The Career Services Office (CSO) Staff is available to assist students in their career pursuits. Individual career counseling provides students with career planning advice, revision of resume and cover letters, assistance with career changes, and interviewing strategy.
Chicago-Kent College of Law students have free access to job postings on Symplicity. In addition, Symplicity has the following features:
- Make an Appointment with a Career Services Advisor: To make an appointment, on the opening page of Symplicity click the hyperlink "Request a Counseling Appointment." Once there check the box next to the name of your Career Advisor and then click on the day on the calendar that you would like to meet with your Advisor. You should see a list of available times. Simply click the one you want. The time and date should now show up on the far right of the page. Please select what type of appointment you are making (Resume Review, Interviewing Strategy, etc.), then click "Submit." You should then be taken to a page confirming your appointment. You can also use Symplicity to reschedule or cancel an appointment.
- Use the Job Search links in the Document Library, including:
- The Chicago Area Law Firm List - updated annually by the Chicago-Area Law School Consortium, the list contains the names, contact information and practice areas of firms with 4 or more attorneys in the Chicago-area.
- The BYU Intercollegiate Job Bank - The BYU Intercollegiate Job Bank compiles job postings from schools throughout the country. This resource will be especially useful for students and alumni conducting an out-of-town job search, but through this service you can also access the postings of other Illinois and Chicago area schools.
- PSLawnet - The online resource connecting public interest law job-seekers with their ideal opportunities in the public interest arena, in government, and at law schools.
- The Vermont Guide to State Court Clerkships and
- Many, many other resources
The Alumni Advisor Network
In an effort to help you connect with a strong network of Chicago-Kent alumni, the Chicago-Kent Alumni Association is happy to announce the "Alumni Advisor Network." Alumni from around the world are available to discuss issues such as practice trends, legal markets in specific geographic areas, and other career-related topics. This is an excellent opportunity to start building your personal network with Chicago-Kent alumni! The alumni available through the Network have all opted-in to be available to students who are interested in reaching out.