Primary Section Navigation
A A | Email | Print | Share
- Oct14Stephen Johnson will give a talk for his book The Economist's Guide to Intellectual Property: What It Is, How to Protect It, How to Exploit It. Intellectual property is often a company's single most valuable asset. And yet IP is hard to value, widely misunderstood, and frequently under-exploited. This comprehensive guide to intellectual property will help companies, investors, and creative thinkers understand the scope and nature of IP issues, pose the right questions to their advisers, and maximize the value from this crucial intangible asset.
Stephen Johnson currently focuses on intellectual property from a business perspective. He also consults for the U.S. charity One Mind on intellectual property and other policy issues affecting neuroscience research. Mr. Johnson studied genetics at Cambridge University before qualifying as a solicitor in 1982. He also qualified as an attorney and worked in the U.S. for Kirkland & Ellis LLP for more than 30 years. In 2015, he was named as one of the world's leading IP strategists by Intellectual Asset Management in its IAM Strategy 300 survey.
- Oct17-Oct18IIT Downtown Campus - Chicago-Kent College of Law
Room: Room 155, Bruce M. Kohen Courtroom
Chicago-Kent is one of more than 200 locations in the city offering behind-the-scenes access to the public October 17 and 18 during Open House Chicago 2015, presented by the Chicago Architecture Foundation. Visitors are invited to tour the law school's state-of-the-art Bruce M. Kohen Courtroom and the 10th floor I.J. Berkson Reserve Reading Room, inspired by traditional reading rooms of the 19th century. Learn more about Open House Chicago at openhousechicago.org/about.
- Oct19October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month -- an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease, raise funds, and provide information and support to those affected by breast cancer. To show our support, Chicago-Kent is dedicating October 19 as our "Think Pink" Breast Cancer Awareness Day so that students, faculty and staff can unite as a community to honor breast cancer survivors and raise awareness. Please stop by to show your support and learn more about prevention, resources and opportunities to donate to cancer organizations.
- Oct20Flu shots will be available for students, faculty and staff.
Students: If you have Aetna Student Health Insurance, your flu shot will be free.
Faculty and staff: Your flu shot will cost $20 if you want to get it here. You may also elect to get your flu shot for free through Walgreens or another pharmacy or clinic. Please check with the location to make sure they accept BCBS insurance.
Payments are to be made online before getting your flu shot. Please be sure to bring your receipt.
- Oct27Come join KJF and the Chicago-Kent community to enjoy wine provided by our own C-K Professors! $10 in advance and $15 at the door gives you the chance to taste the professors' favorite beverages while enjoying snacks and visiting with friends, colleagues, and alumni. All proceeds support public interest scholarships for Chicago-Kent students.