Primary Section Navigation
A A | Email | Print | Share
- Sep09Dean Krent will hold an all-staff meeting for members of the Chicago-Kent staff.
- Sep16Professor Sharon K. Sandeen of Hamline University School of Law is an internationally recognized expert on trade secret law, having written (with E. Rowe) the first casebook on trade secret law in the United States (Cases and Materials in Trade Secret Law) and Trade Secret Law in a Nutshell, both published by West Academic Publishing.
Professor Sandeen will give a book talk for her most recent book, Trade Secrecy and International Transactions (Edward Elgar Publishing, with E. Rowe). This book is a valuable source of information on the law and practice of trade secrecy in international business transactions and provides concise but authoritative insight into international trade secret harmonization efforts and the trade secrets laws of many countries. The BookIT IP Series is co-sponsored by the IP Program and the Center for Empirical Studies in Intellectual Property. A pizza lunch will provided.
- Sep17IIT Downtown Campus - Chicago-Kent College of Law
Room: Governor Richard B. Ogilvie Auditorium
IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law presents the 33rd annual gathering of the longest-running conference on federal sector labor relations and labor law held outside of Washington, D.C. Visit the program website for more information and to register online.
- Sep18Please join us as Alan W. Cramb is inaugurated as the ninth president of Illinois Institute of Technology on Friday, September 18, 2015. This momentous occasion is an opportunity to celebrate the start of a new era for the university!
There will also be a reception at 4:30 p.m., following the ceremony. Both the inauguration and reception will be held in Hermann Hall Auditorium, 3241 South Federal Street, on IIT's Main Campus. Visit iit.edu/inauguration for details and a schedule of events. RSVP online by September 8 at alumni.iit.edu/inauguration-registration.
Shuttle bus service will be available for transportation between the Downtown Campus and Main Campus. Faculty are encouraged to take the 12:45 p.m. bus to attend the law school's pre-inauguration reception and robing.
Buses from Downtown to Main Campus:
Downtown Campus pick-up: 12:45 p.m.
Arrive on Main Campus (Hermann Hall): 1:10 p.m.
There will be additional Downtown Campus pick-ups at 2 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
Buses from Main Campus to Downtown:
Shuttles will run from Main Campus (Hermann Hall) at 4 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 4:55 p.m., 5:15 p.m., 5:47 p.m. and 6:52 p.m.
- Sep25IIT Chicago-Kent's annual Supreme Court IP Review is a conference designed to provide intellectual property practitioners, jurists, legal academics and law students with a review of IP cases from the U.S. Supreme Court's previous Term, a preview of cases on the docket for the upcoming Term, and a discussion of cert. petitions to watch. The Honorable M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, will be this year's keynote speaker. A reception will follow the conference sessions from 4 to 5 p.m. For more information, visit www.kentlaw.iit.edu/scipr.